Our client is a 1,000+ lawyer firm with sophisticated litigation and transactional capabilities, renowned regulatory experience and market-leading multidisciplinary practices in the life sciences and financial services industries. Client-driven and industry focused, the firm lawyers practice across more than 30 critical areas, including bankruptcy, corporate, finance, intellectual property, litigation, real estate and tax, to help clients with complex needs stay ahead of the global market, anticipate opportunities and address issues that impact the very value of their businesses.
The Frankfurt Business Development Manager, working closely with the BD Managers and Directors of BD, Events Manager and Communications team, will support and execute focused marketing and business development strategies for the firm’s Frankfurt office. This role will serve as the Frankfurt lawyers’ primary point of contact for the development of marketing materials and client development and retention activities.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Work directly with the Business Development team to develop and implement marketing, business, and client development activities and projects.
2. Gain a thorough understanding of the clients and key business areas of the firm and office, the trends impacting them and the competitive environment in order to identify opportunities for new clients and growth of existing relationships.
3. Produce pitches, RFP responses and presentations and conduct follow-up with key attorneys.
4. Work with firm’s communications team to write and execute directory submissions for review with department and practice heads.
5. Actively participate in increasing the firm’s visibility in target industry sectors and markets through networking, participation in industry organizations and developing high-value opportunities and business connections for attorneys.
6. Work with lawyers on updating practice group materials, including practice descriptions, current transactions, alerts, newsletters and bios.
7. Forecast and track BD events and contributions against the industry budget as well as ROI analysis against applicable spending.
8. Support the business development activities of the offices, including the coordination of logistics of seminars, conferences and roundtables.
9. Act as the primary translator for German/English materials, and update website, bios, client alerts, pitches and other materials on a regular basis.
10. Work with incoming lateral partners and counsel to assist Department Chairs/Group Heads in the integration of new lawyers into the assigned practice.
11. Mentor administrative staff as directed on best practices and offer in-depth knowledge of industry groups, while acting as resource on: lawyer expertise, product expertise, firm experience, industry/trade group organizations, legal, industry and business trends, industryspecific marketing collateral and industry-specific media.
12. Evaluate and coordinate sponsorships and other business development opportunities to measure ROI.
13. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or experience
1. Four-year degree in marketing, business, communications or other related discipline preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
2. A minimum of four years of marketing and business development experience, with priorlaw firm experience preferred.
Technical Skills and Requirements
Excellent word-processing computer and Internet skills necessary; proficiency in MicrosoftWord, PowerPoint and Excel
Interested? Please contact our consultant Ann-Charlott Steinbrück: 00049-69-789876-77
Für telefonische Vorabinformationen steht Ihnen Frau Ann-Charlott Steinbrück telefonisch unter +49-69-789876-0 oder per E-Mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) gerne zur Verfügung.
Mackney Gerbaulet GmbH
Grüneburgweg 9, D-60322 Frankfurt am Main, Tel 069 789876-0